Our community studio is based on respect, teamwork, and a shared love of art.
We are pleased that you have joined the studio; realize that in doing so you are taking ownership of the comfortable atmosphere, cleanliness, and overall functioning of the studio as a community resource.
We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to ask for further clarification or email sreed@southavenuearts with comments or questions.
- Treat the people, studio, and equipment with care, respect, and kindness.
- Help each other out and be nice; please do not offer criticism unless it is asked for.
- Be considerate of others' work, do not touch, move or bump work that does not belong to you.
- Respect noise levels – conversation is encouraged; loud banging, hammering and other disruptive noise is discouraged.
- Limit cell phone conversations to the lobby.
- Bring your own supplies and rags or paper towels each time you come to the studio or store securely in your locker if you rent one.
- Wear headphones to listen to your own music or enjoy the shared studio music.
- Clean as you go, always make sure your easel, table, chair or stool is ready for another artist – leave it how you want to find it!
- Only gamsol or odor free turpenoid or mineral spirits permitted. Keep it covered when not in use.
- Do not pour turpentine or other chemicals down the drains. Use the cans and containers provided.
- No encaustic, burning tools, flames or spray paint permitted.
- Go outside if you need to spray fixative or to sand anything.
- No smoking anywhere in the building.
- Your studio hours are limited to the three hour timeframe you are registered for.
- Check in at the front desk when you arrive.
- Be mindful of leaving the studio area on time - you should be totally cleaned up by your studio end time. You are welcome to socialize in the lobby before and after your studio time.
- Limit your eating to the lobby bar area – (no stinky food in the microwave).
- Place purses/jackets on wall hooks or in your locker.
- Store work in drying area.
- We do not have the facilities to store large volumes of work so please limit storage to current art in process.
- Return your supplies to your locker or bring them home with you.